Thursday, June 7, 2018

Gin Blossoms @ Express Live with Vertical Horizon & Tonic


    Everyone has those favorite bands or artists from the 90's & I am no exception. In fact I prefer all music before the 2000's because that is when the music was at it's best.     Now don't get me wrong I love ALL music(even the new stuff) and ALL genres. 
   Last night my best friend Lori and I got to attend the Gin Blossoms concert at Express Live here in Columbus Ohio.   That show also included Vertical Horizon and Tonic and oh my god you want to talk about the concert of  a lifetime(at least for me). This concert was flawless from start to finish! These bands really know how to put on one hell of a show. Each band has their own unique style that you can not take your attention away from their set. 



   
   Vertical Horizon was up first and this is my 2nd time seeing them but I had the pleasure of meeting them twice and everytime I have NEVER been disappointed. Their setlist had the right amount of old and new songs, their stage presence is amazing and they can demand your attention in a way that no other artists can and that is absolutely mind boggling to me. Over all this is the best show I have seen them put on and I can not wait to see them again.




   Next up is Tonic! Now this is my first time ever seeing Tonic and I have never really been a fan however I love their song "If you could only see". They played some newer music which I was impressed with. With me not being a huge fan, I was extremely impressed with their stage presence and their performance. I was not expecting their excitement, energy, outstanding performance ect and I  can honestly say that if or when they come back to Columbus, I will be there because I enjoy a great show.



  Now we get to Gin Blossoms!!! I have seen them back in 2013(with Vertical Horizon) and I can honestly say that I didn't want the concert to end. They were amazing! The setlist, stage presence, performance, and they were interactive with the fans and that will ALWAYS set artists apart from other artists.  
   Being interactive with the crowd is a huge deal for us because you want your fans to be acknowledged and feel appreciated. At one point Robin's guitar didn't work and honestly that was a perk for us because if a show goes 100% right then it loses the authenticity of the show. Now I know that the artists hopes and prays that the show goes off without a hitch and I understand that but when there is that little bump it makes it so much more real because we all know NOTHING ever goes as planned. It also shows the true talent and passion of the artists because they overcome that bump in the show. In this case Matt(singer of Vertical Horizon) came through and let Robin use his guitar. These guys truly belong on tour together because they have each other's backs no matter what. 


   Now to end the perfect night! I drive for Lyft and made a last minute decision after the concert to go "Active" and pick up some rides & not knowing that one of my rides would actually be some of the members of Gin Blossoms. I have not been so star struck in my life but with these guys I cried because I've been a fan since I was 8yrs old. Overall it was an amazing night and when they come back(because they will be back) I suggest going and seeing what they offer and I promise that you will not be disappointed. 

           ♡Debbie♡ 

No comments:

Post a Comment