Saturday, January 20, 2018

Oh, Weatherly With Plans

    Have you ever heard a song and think "this is really good" and then search for the artist just to find out the rest of their music rocks too? Well that's what happened to me with Oh, Weatherly and I have been addicted to their music every since. Then pops up this tour after they have signed with one of my favorite record labels Hopeless Records and I just knew that this was a show that I was not going to miss no matter what. Even with the super cold Ohio weather and the snow storm that had just hit that made the roads really bad, I was determined to be there and I am so glad I did because it was amazing.



    Life In Idle- I have never heard their music before and this is exactly why we love going to shows with local bands, these guys are from here in Ohio and they were interesting. Their excitement to be performing was awesome to see, the song selection was good for the venue and their energy was through the roof. They also showed massive support for the other bands that was there. It is always amazing to see artist support other artists and that is what really stood out about this band.



  Something Else- I am shocked that I have not seen or heard of these guys before given the fact that they are a local band right here in Columbus, Ohio and we go to a lot of shows to support our local music scene. They had the energy and passion but I didn't really get into the songs at least not enough that makes me say "I have to see them again". However that does not mean that I will not attend another one of their shows. I believe in giving every artist in second chances especially if they put on a great show with the energy and passion that these guys had.



  Centerfolds- I was not too crazy about them at this show, I don't know if they were just tired from traveling but the energy was not there. The song selection was okay and the passion for the music showed in just a couple of songs. I'm just going to chop this performance upto they were probably tired and this was not their best show. I do want to point out that I do love their music and I wish their performance was better but all artist are allowed to have their off days and shows and we understand that they are not going to be 100% at every show and I will be seeing them again.







  Plans- These guys were absolutely amazing! Their set had the perfect recipe for a perfect night. Their song selection was on point and their performance had the right amount of energy and passion. They gave a little bit of background about their songs and what had happened that cause them to write the songs that they did and they explained it very well. They took the time to hang out with fans and talk just to get to know them. These very talented guys will always be one of my favorites and their music has a huge impact on me because I can relate to it and they have showed us that "it's ok not to be ok" a huge shout out to my friend Ray Cobra for telling me about these talented guys. I can not wait to get the chance to see them again!





Oh, Weatherly- Ok this is the reason this blog post is acutally happeneing! I love their energy, their passion and their music. These guys took their time to talk with us before and after their set and they made us feel more like friends then fans. I love the fact that they sound just the same live as the do on their albums. Their talent is mind blowing, their energy and passion for what they do can not be explained in a blog post rather than seeing it for yourself. So please check them out and catch a show when they come to a town near you and I promise you will not be disappointed. 

            ♡Debbie(MusikNerds)♡


No comments:

Post a Comment